Tipo de programa:Biblioteca y comunidad
Grupo de edad:Todas las edades
Descripción del programa
Sebastopol Library Advisory Board
August 3, 2022, 4:00 p.m.
Location: Zoom -
Held Via Teleconference (Computer or Telephone)
The Library Commission adopted Resolution No. 2181 on July 6, 2022, a proclaimed state of emergency exists in the jurisdiction of the Library related to the COVID-19 virus pandemic, that conditions of that emergency pose a threat to meeting attendees' health and safety, and Health Officer of the County of Sonoma, Dr. Sundari R. Mase, MD MPH, recommended measures to promote social distancing such that Library legislative body meetings may be held via teleconference pursuant to Government Code section 54953(e) so long as the Library (1) posts notice and agendas as otherwise provided by the Brown Act and applicable law, (2) allows members of the public to access the meeting via call-in line or internet-based service line, (3) provides details on the agenda on how to access the meeting and give public comment, (4) provides an opportunity to comment pursuant to Government Code section 54954.3 and allows a reasonable amount of time during public comment for a person to register, login, and comment, and (5) monitors the call-in line and/or internet-based service line to ensure no disruption hinders access or ability to comment, if there is, take no action until public access is restored. The Library is not required to provide a location to attend in-person. The Library is complying with these requirements and taking all reasonable steps to ensure that any member of the public may attend, participate, and watch the Library's legislative bodies conduct their business.
Any person may access and comment during the meeting by doing the following:
All members of the public who wish to observe or participate in this Library Advisory Board Meeting can do so via Zoom using the Meeting ID # 891 5183 9762
To access the meeting using this option, either one of the following may be utilized:
1. Via telephone: call 1 669 900 683 and use the Meeting ID; or
2. Via internet: utilize the link https://zoom.us/join and use the Meeting ID (please input name and email address when requested)
Public comment may be submitted in writing prior to the meeting or orally during the meeting.
- Orally, Live – Oral comments may be given via Zoom. You will be prompted when it is time for public comment, at which time those who are interested in making a public comment will be given the opportunity.
- When the Chair of the Library Advisory Board calls for public comments for the agenda item you wish to comment on, please raise your hand and wait for the Chair to acknowledge you.
- Please take all precautions, like muting your microphone, to minimize meeting interruption. Public comments are limited to three minutes apiece. Failure to comply with this and other instructions may result in removal from the meeting without the ability to rejoin.
- Electronic Writing – Written comments may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments will be read aloud by the clerk and added to the record. Put the Agenda item Number, if known, in the subject line of the email. Email comments must be received at least 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
1. Call to Order, Introductions, Approval of Agenda, Approval of Minutes from June 2022
3. Public Comment on non-agendized items. Public comment is limited to three (3) minutes per topic, unless otherwise noted.
4. Discussion Items:
a. By-Laws Review, including change of meeting recurrence to align better with Library Commission meetings.
b. Library Advisory Board Budget
c. Patron Comments
a Commissioner’s Report
b Admin Report
c City Liaison Report
d. Youth Report
e Sebastopol Regional Library Report
f Friends of the Library Report
g LANTERN Report
6. Agenda Items for Next Meeting: October 5, 2022, 4:00 pm, at Sebastopol Regional Library, 7140 Bodega Ave, Sebastopol, CA, 95472 or Zoom
7. Additional Public Comment