Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Poster Contest
43rd annual Sonoma County celebration of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s vision of a just nation!
"Power at its best is LOVE, implementing the demands of JUSTICE" – MLK
Deadline for Entries: Tuesday, January 10
Sonoma County students are invited to submit their original poster artwork inspired by the Rev. Dr. King's quote above. Physical entries will be submitted to a countywide contest. Winners will be announced at the 1/15 event.
- K-3 with 1st-3rd place prizes
- 4-6 with 1st-3rd place prizes
- 7-8 with 1st-3rd place prizes
- 9-12th display only, no prizes
Entry Rules and Submission Guidelines:
- All entries must be physically submitted to a Sonoma County Library branch by Tuesday, January 10 to be considered.
- All entries must be on a 12 x 18 sized paper, no lined paper accepted.
- Any art medium allowed: crayon, colored pencil, marker, ink, paint, watercolor, etc.
- Graphic design and collage entries accepted for 9-12 grade category only.
- All entries must be labeled on the back of the art with the Library Location, Name, Grade-Level, and phone number so winners can be notified.
Virtual MLK Celebration Event & Award Ceremony
Sunday, January 15th
Meeting ID: 882 4845 5259
In Collaboration with the Sonoma County Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Birthday Celebration Committee 2023