Tipo de programa:Biblioteca y comunidad
Grupo de edad:Adultos , Adolescentes (Grades 7-12)
Descripción del programa
Library Advisory Board
SANTA ROSA LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD AGENDA
Sonoma County Library
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Northwest Regional Library
150 Coddingtown Center
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
- CALL TO ORDER
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF January 25, 2023
- PUBLIC APPEARANCES
An opportunity for members of the public to address the Library Advisory Board; times are limited to 3 minutes and may be changed at the Library Advisory Board’s discretion.
- SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS & INTRODUCTION
- ACTION ITEMS
5.1 Change the Santa Rosa LAB’s Bylaws
5.1.a. Recording Secretary: change from Branch Manager to LAB member
5.1.b. Clerk: Request that library admin fill this role.
5.2 Appoint a Vice Chair
5.3 Appoint a Recording Secretary
- DISCUSSION ITEMS
6.1 Each LAB member to choose a branch for which to be primarily responsible.
6.2 Library website
6.3 Reimagining the Library 2021 – Review this plan; role of LAB
6.4 Reinvigorating the Library Advisory Board:
6.4.a. Youth Members (1 or 2) vacancies to fill at our July meeting
6.4.b. LAB Voting Members – maximum of 12 voting members
6.4.c. Clarify the scheduled location of our meetings for the public and ways to engage. Is hybrid access possible?
6.4.d. Actions for LAB members to take between meetings, report back to the LAB/Commission
6.4.e. Orientation for new LAB members
6.5 Library Volunteer Recognition Luncheon April 20
6.6 Resolution on Social and Racial Equity
Reports and updates on library governance, management, programs, services and support group activities as well as City Council matters. All items are for discussion only.
- Youth Members’ Report
- Friends of the Santa Rosa Library Report
- Library Commissioners’ Report
- Library Director’s Report
- Feedback to Branch Managers’ Reports
- City Council Liaison Report
- ADVISORY BOARD INFORMATION ITEMS
An opportunity for Members to present brief, factual information about their library, respond to public comments, place items on the next agenda, or request information from the Library Commissioners, Director or Branch Managers.
- FOLLOW-UP & NEXT STEPS
A review of follow-up responsibilities for members and staff.
- ADJOURNMENT—Next meeting: Wednesday May 31, 2023 at the Rincon Valley Library
SONOMA VALLEY LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD
Thursday, October 13, 2022, 4:00-5:00 PM
Hybrid meeting, In-Person or Online via Zoom
The LAB meets the following months: February, April,
June, August, October & December
Sonoma Valley LAB Meeting
October 7, 2022 @ 4:00 PM
Protocol: Hybrid Meeting Held in Person and
Via Teleconference (Computer or Telephone)
The Library Commission adopted Resolution No. 2187 on September 7, finding a proclaimed state of emergency exists in the jurisdiction of the Library related to the COVID-19 virus pandemic, that conditions of that emergency pose a threat to meeting attendees' health and safety, and Health Officer of the County of Sonoma, Dr. Sundari R. Mase, MD MPH, recommended measures to promote social distancing such that Library legislative body meetings may be held via teleconference pursuant to Government Code section 54953(e) so long as the Library (1) posts notice and agendas as otherwise provided by the Brown Act and applicable law, (2) allows members of the public to access the meeting via call-in line or internet-based service line, (3) provides details on the agenda on how to access the meeting and give public comment, (4) provides an opportunity to comment pursuant to Government Code section 54954.3 and allows a reasonable amount of time during public comment for a person to register, login, and comment, and (5) monitors the call-in line and/or internet-based service line to ensure no disruption hinders access or ability to comment, if there is, take no action until public access is restored. The Library is not required to provide a location to attend in-person. The Library is complying with these requirements and taking all reasonable steps to ensure that any member of the public may attend, participate, and watch the Library's legislative bodies conduct their business.
Any person may access and comment during the meeting by doing the following:
All members of the public who wish to observe or participate in this Library Advisory Board Meeting can do so in person at the Sonoma Valley Regional Library or via Zoom using the Meeting ID #834 5990 2873.
To access the meeting using this option, either one of the following may be utilized:
1. Via telephone: call (+1 669 900 6833) and use the Meeting ID; or
2. Via internet: utilize the https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83459902873 use the Meeting ID (please input name and email address when requested)
Public comment may be submitted in writing prior to the meeting or orally during the meeting.
- Orally, Live – Oral comments may be given via Zoom. You will be prompted when it is time for public comment, at which time those who are interested in making a public comment will be given the opportunity.
- When the Chair of the Library Advisory Board calls for public comments for the agenda item you wish to comment on, please raise your hand and wait for the Chair to acknowledge you.
- Please take all precautions, like muting your microphone, to minimize meeting interruption. Public comments are limited to three minutes apiece. Failure to comply with this and other instructions may result in removal from the meeting without the ability to rejoin.
- Electronic Writing – Written comments may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments will be read aloud by the clerk and added to the record. Put the Agenda item Number, if known, in the subject line of the email. Email comments must be received at least 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
AGENDA for October 13, 2022
- CALL TO ORDER: 4:00
Reports and updates on library governance, management, programs, services and support group activities as well as relevant City Council activities. All items are for discussion only.
2.1. Friends Report
2.2. Commissioner Report
2.3. Library Director or Designee Report
2.4. Branch Manager Report
2.5. City Council Liaison Report
- APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE August 11, 2022 MEETING.
4. PUBLIC APPEARANCES OR LETTERS
An opportunity for members of the public to address the Library Advisory & Friends’ Boards; times are limited at the Chair's discretion.
5. DISCUSSION ITEMS
5.1 Report from the Elections Committee
6. ACTION ITEMS
6.1 Election of Chair and Vice Chair
6.2 Confirmation of LAB Secretary
6.2 Recognition of outgoing President and Vice President of the Friends’ board
6.3 Proposal and quote for Orangebox Air 23 Study Pod
6.4 Vote on Study Pod proposal
6.5 Vote on proposal to shorten December meeting and join the FOL holiday potluck.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING: THURSDAY, December 8, 2022
TIME OF NEXT MEETING: 4:00 P.M.