Tipo de programa:Biblioteca y comunidad
Grupo de edad:Adultos , Adolescentes (Grades 7-12)
Descripción del programa
Library Advisory Board
SANTA ROSA LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD AGENDA
Sonoma County Library
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Northwest Regional Library
150 Coddingtown Center
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
- CALL TO ORDER
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF January 25, 2023
- PUBLIC APPEARANCES
An opportunity for members of the public to address the Library Advisory Board; times are limited to 3 minutes and may be changed at the Library Advisory Board’s discretion.
- SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS & INTRODUCTION
- ACTION ITEMS
5.1 Change the Santa Rosa LAB’s Bylaws
5.1.a. Recording Secretary: change from Branch Manager to LAB member
5.1.b. Clerk: Request that library admin fill this role.
5.2 Appoint a Vice Chair
5.3 Appoint a Recording Secretary
- DISCUSSION ITEMS
6.1 Each LAB member to choose a branch for which to be primarily responsible.
6.2 Library website
6.3 Reimagining the Library 2021 – Review this plan; role of LAB
6.4 Reinvigorating the Library Advisory Board:
6.4.a. Youth Members (1 or 2) vacancies to fill at our July meeting
6.4.b. LAB Voting Members – maximum of 12 voting members
6.4.c. Clarify the scheduled location of our meetings for the public and ways to engage. Is hybrid access possible?
6.4.d. Actions for LAB members to take between meetings, report back to the LAB/Commission
6.4.e. Orientation for new LAB members
6.5 Library Volunteer Recognition Luncheon April 20
6.6 Resolution on Social and Racial Equity
Reports and updates on library governance, management, programs, services and support group activities as well as City Council matters. All items are for discussion only.
- Youth Members’ Report
- Friends of the Santa Rosa Library Report
- Library Commissioners’ Report
- Library Director’s Report
- Feedback to Branch Managers’ Reports
- City Council Liaison Report
- ADVISORY BOARD INFORMATION ITEMS
An opportunity for Members to present brief, factual information about their library, respond to public comments, place items on the next agenda, or request information from the Library Commissioners, Director or Branch Managers.
- FOLLOW-UP & NEXT STEPS
A review of follow-up responsibilities for members and staff.
- ADJOURNMENT—Next meeting: Wednesday May 31, 2023 at the Rincon Valley Library
Topic: Library Advisory Board Meeting
Time: Sep 28, 2022 04:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 848 1277 6596
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,84812776596# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 669 444 9171 US
Sebastopol Library Advisory Board
September 28, 2022, 4:00 p.m.
Location: Sebastopol Library 7140 Bodega Avenue, Sebastopol 95472 and Zoom
Held Via Teleconference (Computer or Telephone)
The Library Commission adopted Resolution No. 2184 on September 7, 2022, a proclaimed state of emergency exists in the jurisdiction of the Library related to the COVID-19 virus pandemic, that conditions of that emergency pose a threat to meeting attendees' health and safety, and Health Officer of the County of Sonoma, Dr. Sundari R. Mase, MD MPH, recommended measures to promote social distancing such that Library legislative body meetings may be held via teleconference pursuant to Government Code section 54953(e) so long as the Library (1) posts notice and agendas as otherwise provided by the Brown Act and applicable law, (2) allows members of the public to access the meeting via call-in line or internet-based service line, (3) provides details on the agenda on how to access the meeting and give public comment, (4) provides an opportunity to comment pursuant to Government Code section 54954.3 and allows a reasonable amount of time during public comment for a person to register, login, and comment, and (5) monitors the call-in line and/or internet-based service line to ensure no disruption hinders access or ability to comment, if there is, take no action until public access is restored. The Library is not required to provide a location to attend in-person. The Library is complying with these requirements and taking all reasonable steps to ensure that any member of the public may attend, participate, and watch the Library's legislative bodies conduct their business.
Any person may access and comment during the meeting by doing the following:
All members of the public who wish to observe or participate in this Library Advisory Board Meeting can do so via Zoom using the Meeting ID # 848 1277 6596
To access the meeting using this option, either one of the following may be utilized:
1. Via telephone: call 1 669 900 683 and use the Meeting ID; or
2. Via internet: utilize the link https://zoom.us/join and use the Meeting ID (please input name and email address when requested)
Public comment may be submitted in writing prior to the meeting or orally during the meeting.
- Orally, Live – Oral comments may be given via Zoom. You will be prompted when it is time for public comment, at which time those who are interested in making a public comment will be given the opportunity.
- When the Chair of the Library Advisory Board calls for public comments for the agenda item you wish to comment on, please raise your hand and wait for the Chair to acknowledge you.
- Please take all precautions, like muting your microphone, to minimize meeting interruption. Public comments are limited to three minutes apiece. Failure to comply with this and other instructions may result in removal from the meeting without the ability to rejoin.
- Electronic Writing – Written comments may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments will be read aloud by the clerk and added to the record. Put the Agenda item Number, if known, in the subject line of the email. Email comments must be received at least 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
- Call to Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from August 2022
- Public Comment on non-agendized items. Public comment is limited to three (3) minutes per topic, unless otherwise noted.
- Discussion Items:
- Request for letter of support: Art project
- Request for letter of support: Decommission fountain
- By-Laws Review, including changing the membership maximum
- Library Advisory Board Budget and plate contest update
- Patron Comments
- Commissioner’s Report
- Admin Report
- City Liaison Report
- Youth Report
- Sebastopol Regional Library Report
- Friends of the Library Report
- LANTERN Report
- Agenda Items for Next Meeting: November 30, 2022, 4:00 pm, at Sebastopol Regional Library, 7140 Bodega Ave, Sebastopol, CA, 95472 or Zoom
- Additional Public Comment