Program Type:Library & Community
Age Group:Adult , Teens (Grades 7-12) , Senior
Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Santa Rosa Library Advisory Board.
This meeting is being held via teleconference pursuant to Government Code section 54953(e) and in compliance with the Brown Act. Section 54953(e) permits the Library legislative bodies to hold a meeting during a proclaimed state of emergency via teleconference if local officials have recommended measures to promote social distancing. To do so, the Library is required (1) to post notice and agendas as otherwise provided by the Brown Act and applicable law, (2) allow members of the public to access the meeting via call-in line or internet-based service line, (3) provide details on the agenda on how to access the meeting and give public comment, (4) provide an opportunity to comment pursuant to Government Code section 54954.3 and allow a reasonable amount of time during public comment for a person to register, login, and comment, and (5) monitor the call-in line and/or internet-based service line to ensure no disruption hinders access or ability to comment, if there is, take no action until public access is restored. The Library is not required to provide a location to attend in-person.
The Governor proclaimed a state of emergency due to the COVID-19 virus pandemic on March 4, 2020. The proclamation remains active and applies statewide. Health Officer of the County of Sonoma, Dr. Sundari R. Mase, MD MPH, issued "Sonoma County Public Health Recommendations for Safely Holding Public Meetings," which recommends six feet separation between meeting attendees. On October 4, 2021, the Sonoma County Library Commission approved Resolution 2104, allowing all Library legislative bodies to meet via teleconference during the proclaimed state of emergency pursuant to Section 54953(e). The Library Advisory Board is complying with other public access and participation obligations, as required and to ensure that any member of the public may attend, participate, and watch the Library's legislative bodies conduct their business.
All members of the public who wish to observe or participate in this Library Advisory Board Meeting can do so via Zoom using the Meeting ID # 885 8587 3926
To access the meeting using this option, either one of the following may be utilized:
1. Via telephone: call 1 (669) 900 6833 and use the Meeting ID; or
2. Via internet: utilize the link https://zoom.us/join and use the Meeting ID (please input name and email address when requested)
Public comment may be submitted in writing prior to the meeting or orally during the meeting.
- Orally, Live – Oral comments may be given via Zoom. You will be prompted when it is time for public comment, at which time those who are interested in making a public comment will be given the opportunity.
- When the Chair of the Library Advisory Board calls for public comments for the agenda item you wish to comment on, please raise your hand and wait for the Chair to acknowledge you.
- Please take all precautions, like muting your microphone, to minimize meeting interruption. Public comments are limited to three minutes apiece. Failure to comply with this and other instructions may result in removal from the meeting without the ability to rejoin.
- Electronic Writing – Written comments may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments will be read aloud by the clerk and added to the record. Put the Agenda item Number, if known, in the subject line of the email. Email comments must be received at least 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.